Applications have CLOSED for our Kōkiri 2021 intake! Thanks to all the teams and whanau that applied!
Kōkiri 2021 – Intake Overview
Kōkiri are seeking…
- early stage Māori-led,
- tech enabled start-up businesses
- with at least two founders in the team.
Ideally teams will…
- have a prototype,
- preferably with some early sales, and
- be intent on making a positive impact in the world.
Kōkiri aims to accelerate your business progression and growth, develop your team and build on your capabilities as founders, and works to get your business ready for investment.
If selected, teams will receive NZD$10,000 in grant funds, accommodation costs will be covered for the three nights per week you are in residence, plus a $1000 travel fund per team. This is in addition to access to all of the programme content, a co-working space to operate out of, the opportunity to build your network, access to the Global Accelerator Network, and to benefit from Mentors, Coaches, and Advisers – all in a kaupapa Māori environment.
It’s a first of its kind – a business accelerator dedicated to speeding up the development of early stage Māori businesses.
Support Māori-led start-ups and entrepreneurs to develop innovative products and businesses that will drive growth in New Zealand’s economy
Develop the capability of emerging Māori entrepreneurs through mentoring and specialised training to accelerate their readiness for market entry, investment and growth
Build capability in the Māori entrepreneurship and start-up ecosystem.
Kōkiri provides the 10 start-ups businesses with:
- Business startup workshops
- Access to a cash grant for the development of your product or innovation
- Opportunity to identify and obtain the resources you need to grow your business
- Co-working space and facilities
- Access to mentors with industry and technical expertise
- World class business training and mentoring
- Access to national investor groups
- Business exposure
For every team application, a one minute video will need to be created and submitted with the team’s online application.
Video’s can be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo then the link submitted as part of the online application process.