Kōkiri 2023 | Intake Overview
Are you a…
- Impact positive
- Technology enabled
Preferable with at least two founders in your team.
Ideally teams will…
- Be a registered company
- Have ambitions to grow internationally
- Looking for capital to enable rapid growth
Kōkiri aims to accelerate your business progress, develop your team and build on your capabilities as founders. We work with you to get your business ready for investment.
If selected, teams will receive NZD$10,000 in grant funds, we also contribute towards accommodation costs as well as provide $1000 travel fund per team. This is in addition to access to all of the programme content, the opportunity to build your network, and to benefit from Mentors, Coaches, and Advisers – all in a kaupapa Māori environment.
What is Kōkiri
It’s a first of its kind – a business accelerator dedicated to speeding up the development of early stage Māori businesses.
How will Kōkiri help my business?
Support Māori-led start-ups and entrepreneurs to develop innovative products and businesses that will drive growth in New Zealand’s economy
Develop the capability of emerging Māori entrepreneurs through mentoring and specialised training to accelerate their readiness for market entry, investment and growth
Build capability in the Māori entrepreneurship and start-up ecosystem.
Where can I find T&C's?
What does Kōkiri provide?
Kōkiri provides start-up businesses with:
- Business startup workshops
- Access to a cash grant for the development of your product or innovation
- Opportunity to identify and obtain the resources you need to grow your business
- Access to mentors with industry and technical expertise
- World class business training and mentoring
- Access to national investor groups
- Business exposure
How can we submit our video?
For every team application, a video will need to be created and submitted with the team’s online application.
Video’s can be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo then the link submitted as part of the online application process.